Some interesting current cases include acting for:
• A Landowner in a dispute reagrding the trigger for an option held by a prominent developer.
• A Franchisee in a dispute with a national Jewlery Franchise.
• A Beneficiary in an action for negligence against the adminstrator of a substantial estate for passing her over through a failure to corectly set out the family composition.
• A Manufacturing Company in a Defamation action against an inaccurate safety bulletin wrongly maligning their product.
• A Beneficiary in a negligence case against the representatives of the estate for pursuing fruitless litigation.
• A farmer for breach of contract regarding failure to pay for goats and required export costs for goats exported to Northern Ireland.
Recent civil and Commercial Cases Include acting for:
• An Italian client securing release of funds from an account in Jersey as part of his late father’s estate.
• A Trust regarding the failure of contractors to remove protected newts from a golf course.
• A defendant to an allegation of defamation arising from an allegation of fraudulent derivatives trading.
• A debt case involving an allegation of fraudulent derivatives trading.
• An author in a disputed copyright claim, settled by agreeing royalties share.
• An Engineering firm accused of passing off and use of registered design in an international trademark dispute, settled for nominal damages with terms for continued use of the design and mark.
• A Solicitor in a disputed partnership claim which is resisted on the grounds of illegality for immigration fraud, appeal successful on basis of advice.
• A Wedding Events Company and the Grade ii* listed Manor House it operates from in a dispute over licensing, planning and intellectual property, settled on terms.
• Acted for Spanish Travel company against a major UK tour operator for non-payment of block bookings. Settled after issue for full sum sought.
• Acted for Claimant in refusal to pay life assurance on death from smoking related lung cancer for non-disclosure. Settled after issue for 90% of sum insured and costs.
• Advised an Italian client regarding disputed stud fees against an Irish Stud Farm, settled on terms.
• Acted for an agent in dispute with leading UK auction house regarding guarantee offered when purchasing racehorses for client at auction. (settled after issue of Grounds of Appeal to Court of Appeal)
Recent Construction and Planning Cases
• Advised a local residents group on a rule 6 intervention against a major development in North West London.
• Appeared for a development company in a Planning inspectorate appeal considering the definition of “waste” in the EU Directive.
• Advising a waste disposal firm on its right to rely on historic planning regarding waste disposal.
• Advising a property developer in a construction adjudication arising from demolition.
• Acting for a travelling family in a planning dispute over land designation and change of use, settled on agreement of Local Planning Authority to accept fresh application.
• Acted for a Homeowner in a disputed planning compensation claim, settled for sum sought.
• Acted for an electrical Installation firm in an adjudication, TCC enforcement and mediation arising from a removal of installed works by a subcontractor.
• Acted for Scaffolding Company in various applications for search and seizure orders in relation to hired out equipment.